Monday 11 July 2011

Leibster Blog Award


I was reading through my blog roll the other day when I came across Catherine's post about the blog award and on it she had nominated me.

I first met Catherine on Suicide Forum and she has been a massive support to me through my problems and has always been quick to offer sensible, practical advice. And make me feel a hell of a lot better when I feel that things can not possibly get any worse. I have been a member on Suicide Forum since about 2007 after my first (and unfortunately not last) suicide attempt and she has been there from the very beginning.

Anyway, I will follow the guidelines and nominate 5 other blogs which I feel deserve more recognition. I have tried to ensure that they have not already been nominated and gone for different ones but I can't be sure.

So here are the guidelines...

The Liebster blog award is given to blogs by other bloggers who have fewer than 300 followers and who the blogger feels deserves a lot more recognition and following than what they currently get. Once you receive/accept the award the idea is to pass it on to other bloggers who you feel are also lacking in the recognition they deserve


When you accept the award you must:

1) Create a post on your blog and add the Liebster blog image.

2) Link back to the person who gave you the award.

3) Choose 3-5 of your favourite blogs, link to these in your post and tell these lucky bloggers that they’ve been tagged.

So here are my nominations in no particular order. Also as a side note they are not all blogs written by people experiencing or who have experienced MH problems. But I read these people's entries on a regular basis and feel that they should be recognised more. So please have a mosey on over to them.

1) My Head Noise - La Reve Blog
This person has obviously had a lot of struggles and she continues to fight and fight. I feel I have got it bad sometimes but to have her experiences and then do what she does, well it amazes me. I don't think I could if I was her so hats off to her and the best of luck in the path you chose.

2) Chaos and Control - Little Feet
Again, another person who continues to fight. I have found it enlightening to read about her recent hospital admission and also the courage she has displayed in dealing with it.

3) A Day in The Life of a BASICS DOC
This is so inspiring. This guy is a doctor, works a full time job and then volunteers his time to be a rapid response Doctor. Dropping everything to race off to an emergency to save a life. This guy, along with all other medical staff are heroes. I mean, who keeps calm in the face of adversity. Who can keep calm with someone like me who has been to hospital numerous times as of self inflicted injuries, and numerous times as of accidental (I had another injury today but at least it didn't involve a hospital trip...long story). He may not feel calm and as though he likes a patient but he doesn't let it show.

4) Ramblings of the Differently Sane.
When most people would fold being told you can't continue in what you have trained for they have continued to fight. Personally, I find it inspiring. At the thought of me not being able to continue my studies for a year or at all had me in such a mess. I was lucky. But, being put in the same position as this person I honestly don't think I would be around to blog.

5) The Masked AMHP
This is what I want to do. I aspire to be an AMHP. I find it fascinating the reasons and ways in which he works. Also, it kind of helps me avoid being sectioned :-) But in all seriousness, it's not an easy job. I like the way in which he writes about his role and the importance that is placed on it.

I appreciate that not everyone will agree in my choices here and it may even anger some people. But, I hope that in nominating these people for awards that they will receive more recognition for what they do.

Thanks.

xxxx

No comments: